I love a good appetizer. But in my years being dairy free, I’ve found my options a bit more limited. When I first created my blog, I knew that I wanted to help my friends who can’t cook and wanted to eat healthier. Whether you’re a skilled cook or can barely boil water, today’s recipe is for you. I’m sharing my quick & easy spinach artichoke recipe. It’s super simple and requires minimal effort. And it’s sure to be a hit!
There are a couple of ways to do this recipe. If you’re looking to get fancier, please feel free. Because I don’t eat diary, I opted to use nutritional yeast instead of cheese. But you could add your favorite cheese on top for a more melty appetizer.
Also, feel free to swap in a different form of vegan cream cheese. If you can’t find kite hill near you, there are a few others on the market. However, the natural cheesy flavor might be a bit different so be sure to taste test it before you bake it.
Let’s get into the spinach artichoke goodness!
Quick & Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip (V/GF)
A quick & easy spinach artichoke dip that is gluten, dairy & soy free!
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach
- 16 oz kite hill cream cheese
- 1 - 14 oz can artichoke hearts
- 1 -2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and set out a small baking dish.
- Thaw out spinach or follow directions to cook it. Essentially, you need it to not be a frozen ball so it will mix in. I thawed mine in the fridge overnight.
- Put the thawed spinach into a towel or cheese cloth and drain excess liquid. Then set it aside.
- Drain and add artichoke hearts to food processor. Pulse a few times until the artichoke is in small bits. You'll be pulsing it again with the full mix so be sure not to over process it initially.
- Add in spinach, cream cheese, 1 tbsp nutritional yeast and 1/4 tsp of salt. Pulse until you get your desired consistency.
- Taste test it and add in more salt or nutritional yeast if needed.
- Add mixture to a small baking dish and spread it so it's evenly dispersed. Lightly top with nutritional yeast.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until it's heated through. It won't get super melty or bubbly so make sure to check it around 20 so it doesn't try out.
- Remove from oven and serve with your choice of crackers or veggies! Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do! And if you make it, be sure to tag me in the photos: @saveeandsavory. Happy almost Christmas friends!
I do a few sponsored posts but they are limited to maintain the authenticity of © What Savvy Said. Some links in my posts may be affiliate links. This means I receive a small compensation for purchases made through those links. The presence of affiliate links and potential commission compensation are marked with an (*).